BOLZANO, July 9, 2018 - Team China was in dominant form once more this weekend at the third leg of the FINA Diving Grand Prix 2018 in Bolzano, Italy (from July 6-8).
The three competition days were equally dominated by the Chinese divers as Liu Chengming and Tai Xiaohu clinched the men's springboard and platform with 456.05 and 441.30 respectively.
In the women's equivalent events, their teammates Chen Yiwen (341.50) and Zhang Xiaotong (307.00) were the best.
Home favourites Maicol Verotto / Noemi Batki pocketed the gold medal in the mixed 10m with 281.46, while Great Britain's Lucas Thomson / Gemma McArthur took silver with 279.60 and Zachary Cooper / Amy Magana of the USA took bronze with 262.35.
The Italians Maicol Verzotto / Elena Bertocchi however ended up second in the mixed 3m with 269.5, behind the North American pair Greg Duncan / Alison Gibson who secured the gold medal in 279.27.
Mexico and Russia were other nations stepping on the podium this weekend in Bolzano.
The next and fourth meet of the FINA Diving Grand Prix 2018 will take place in Madrid (ESP) next weekend, from July 13-15.
Medallists in Bolzano:
Menís 3m springboard
1. Liu Chengming (CHN) 456.05; Ross Haslam (GBR) 426.35; 3. Briadam Herrera (USA) 392.35
Menís 10m platform
1. Tai Xiaohu (CHN) 441.30; 2. Jacob Cornish (USA) 389.80; 3. Mattia Placidi (ITA) 354.75
Menís 3m springboard synchro
1. Liu Chengming / Peng Jianfeng (CHN) 403.23; 2. Yahel Castillo Huerta / Juan Celeya Herandez (MEX) 376.20; 3. Greg Duncan / Grayson Campbell (USA) 371.52
Menís 10m platform synchro
1. Tai Xiaohu / Huang Bowen (CHN) 399.27; 2. James Heatly / Lucas Thomson (GBR) 362.16; 3. Vladimir Barbu / Mattia Placidi (ITA) 356.88
Womenís 3m springboard
1. Chen Yiwen (CH) 341.50; Huang Xiaohui (CHN) 323.25; 3. Brooke Schultz (USA) 283.60
Womenís 10m platform
1. Zhang Xiaotong (CHN) 307.00; 2. Maria Kurjo (GER) 301.75; 3. Gemma McArthur (GBR) 284.40
Womenís 3m springboard synchro
1. Chen Yiwen / Wu Chunting (CHN) 298.95; 2. Krysta Palmer / Alison Gibson (USA) 268.11; 3. Daria Selvanovskaia / Tatiana Stepanova (RUS) 248.40
Womenís 10m platform synchro
1. Zhang Xiaotong / Jiao Jingjing (CHN) 293.58; 2. Ruby Bower / Gemma McArthur (GBR) 245.82; 3. Olivia Rosendahl / Katrina Young (USA) 243.78
Mixed 3m springboard synchro
1. Greg Duncan / Alison Gibson (USA) 279.27; 2. Maicol Verzotto / Elena Bertocchi (ITA) 269.55; Gabriele Auber / Laura Bilotta (ITA) 267.72
Mixed 10m platform synchro
1. Maicol Verotto / Noemi Batki (ITA) 281.46; 2. Lucas Thomson / Gemma McArthur (GBR) 279.60; 3. Zachary Cooper / Amy Magana (USA) 262.35
1 - Rostock (GER) - February 23-25
2 - Calgary (CAN) - May 10-13
3 - Bolzano (ITA) - July 6-8
4 - Madrid (ESP) - July 13-15
5 - Kuala Lumpur (MAS) - November 9-11
6 - tbc (AUS) - November 15-18
7 - Singapore (SGP) - November 23-25