LAUSANNE, Septmeber 10, 2018 - The UEFA Executive Committee will select the host association for UEFA EURO 2024 on Thursday 27 September 2018. The final bid presentations and the announcement ceremony will take place at UEFA’s headquarters, the House of European Football, in Nyon, Switzerland.
In April 2018, the German Football Association (DFB) and the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) submitted their official bid books. UEFA will publish its evaluation report on each bid on 21 September on UEFA.com, and has invited both bidders to make their bid books public on the same day.
The programme for the day is as follows: * 09.00 – 12.00: UEFA Executive Committee meeting
- Committees’ reports
- National team competition matters
- Appointment of hosts for UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO 2019 and UEFA Under-19 Futsal EURO 2019 *As of 13.00 (not open to media):
- Presentation of the bids by the two candidates (the order will be defined by a draw), in which each bidder will present a video and be available for 15 minutes of questions and answers
- Presentation of the UEFA administration’s evaluation of the bid dossiers to the UEFA Executive Committee (the bidding delegations will not be present)
- This will be followed by the voting by the UEFA Executive Committee (full voting procedure
*Not before 14.45 (lasting 15 minutes): Announcement of the host association of UEFA EURO 2024 by the UEFA President in the auditorium.
A detailed running order of the ceremony will be made available closer to the event.
*A mixed zone will be set up outside the auditorium for interview opportunities after the ceremony. No press conference will be held.
Media representatives wishing to attend the announcement ceremony are requested to apply for accreditation by filling in this form by 18 September 2018. Due to the limited space only a number of media and photographers will be allowed inside the auditorium. The ceremony will also be broadcast in the media working area and on UEFA.com.
No filming will be allowed inside the auditorium, but the live signal of the ceremony will be available via the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) platform and can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org
. Broadcasters who would like to book multilateral positions around the event should contact the EBU, who will also distribute a video news release (VNR) after the event. Any specific broadcast requests should be sent to email@example.com
by 18 September.
Accredited media will be granted access to the building as of 13.30.