MADRID, July 16, 2018 - This weekend's FINA Diving Grand Prix in Madrid, Spain, was highlighted by the victory of Juan Celaya of Mexico in the men's 3m springboard.
The Mexican diver took gold with 421.20, while Canada's Peter Mai (409.85) and Nicolas Gracia (ESP, 408.15) secured the silver and bronze medals.
Celaya, paired with Yahel Castillo, also bagged the synchro 3m gold medal with 427.92, while the Chinese pair Liu CHengming / Peng Jianfeng were second (391.38) and the Americans Campbell / Greg Duncan completed the podium (387.75).
Tai Xiaohu (CHN) was the best in the men's 10m platform (462.90). He was followed by teammate Huang Bowen (457.55) and Great Britain's Aidan Heslop (390.60).
In the women's competition, USA's Samantha Bromberg took the 10m gold with 362.10, while Jiao Jingjing (CHN) and Amelia Magana (USA) completed the podium in respectively 325.90 and 311.40.
However China's Chen Yiwen and Hunag Xiaohui were the best in the springboard event with respectively 342.90 and 337.95 points. Brooke Schultz (USA) secured the silver at stake in this event (312.70).
Chinese pairs Chen Yiwen / Wu Chunting and Zhang Xiaotong / Jiao Jingjing grabbed the victory in both women's synchronised events.
The Netherlands and Russia were the other two nations to collect a medal this weekend in Madrid, which was hosting the fourth meet of the year from Friday July 13 to Sunday July 15.
After a long break, the Grand Prix will resume in Kuala Lumpur (MAS) on November 9-11 for the fifth meet.
Medallists in Madrid
Menís 3m springboard
1. Juan Celaya (MEX) 421.20; 2. Peter Mai (CAN) 409.85; 3. Nicolas Gracia (ESP) 408.15
Menís 10m platform
1. Tai Xiaohu (CHN) 462.90; 2. Huang Bowen (CHN) 457.55; 3. Aidan Heslop (GBR) 390.60
Menís 3m springboard synchro
1. Yahel Castillo / Juan Celaya (MEX) 405.15; 2. Liu CHengming / Peng Jianfeng (CHN) 391.38; 3. Grayson Campbell / Greg Duncan (USA) 387.75
Menís 10m platform synchro
1. Huang Bowen / Tai Xiaohu (CHN) 427.92; 2. Gleb Kasianov / Artem Turbin (RUS) 353.52; 3. Zachary Cooper / Jacob Cornish (USA) 308.94
Womenís 3m springboard
1. Chen Yiwen (CHN) 342.90; 2. Hunag Xiaohui (CHN) 337.95; 3. Brooke Schultz (USA) 312.70
Womenís 10m platform
1. Samantha Bromberg (USA) 362.10; 2. Jiao Jingjing (CHN) 325.90; 3. Amelia Magana (USA) 311.40
Womenís 3m springboard synchro
1. Chen Yiwen / Wu Chunting (CHN) 310.86; 2. Celine Van Duijn / Inge Jansen (NED) 275.10; 3. Alison Gibson / Krysta Palmer (USA) 271.89
Womenís 10m platform synchro
1. Zhang Xiaotong / Jiao Jingjing (CHN) 306.12; 2. Katrina Young / Olivia Rosendahl (USA) 302.46; 3. Stu In Leong / Sut CHan Leong (MAC) 193.89
1 - Rostock (GER) - February 23-25
2 - Calgary (CAN) - May 10-13
3 - Bolzano (ITA) - July 6-8
4 - Madrid (ESP) - July 13-15
5 - Kuala Lumpur (MAS) - November 9-11
6 - tbc (AUS) - November 15-18
7 - Singapore (SGP) - November 23-25